Vegetarian Ramen Noodle Soup Recipe
Updated: Sep 11, 2021
Noodles are a comfort food, or at least they are for me. In my opinion you can have noodles every hour of the day: lunch, dinner, late-night snack, you name it. These noodles are absolutely delicious, super simple and only take half an hour to make! Perfect for if you don't feel like cooking or if you don't have a lot of time.
Down below you can find the recipe for the noodle soup. You can add any toppings you want to the noodles. I really like tofu, bok choy, and carrots, so you will find these in the recipe. Other toppings you could add are cabbage, cucumber, chicken, beef, and so on.
This recipe is made for 6 people. If you want to make it for less or more people, you should take into account that one person usually eats about 60 grams of noodles. For 2 people you will need about 750 milliliters of water for the soup. This sounds like a lot, but the noodles will be cooked in the soup, and will take up quite a bit of the water.
6 packs of ramen noodles
400 grams of mushrooms of choice
1 1/2 onion
3 gloves of garlic
2 centimeters of ginger
300 grams of tofu
1 big carrot (shredded)
4-6 green onions
1.Cut the 1 1/2 onion in half and then slice them up. Take the mushrooms and cut them in pieces.
2. Add about a tablespoon of sesame oil to a cooking pot. When the pot is warmed up, add the onions and mushrooms. Let this cook for a bit, while stirring every now and then.
3.In the meantime cut up or press 3 gloves of garlic and about 2 centimeters of ginger. I always use a garlic press for the garlic and ginger, I feel it is so much easier than cutting both the garlic and ginger up. Add the garlic and ginger to the pot.
4.In a separate bowl/measuring cup mix the broth with about 0,5 liter water.
5.Add the broth to the pot, together with 2 liters of water. Stir this through and let it cook for a bit
6.Lastly add a big teaspoon of miso-paste to the soup. (if you really like miso you can add more) and stir this through.
7. While the soup is cooking, cut the tofu in cubes. Take the cubes and bake them (without oil) in a skillet until golden brown. It should take about 2-3 mins for each side.
8. Take a big carrot and shred it.
9. If you want to add bok choy, cut and wash the bok choy. Add some sesame oil to a wok and add the bok choy when the wok is heated up. Cook it for awhile until it is somewhat soggy.
10. When everything is ready, pour some of the soup into a big bowl and add one pack of instant ramen per bowl.
11. Add the toppings you want (sesame seeds, carrots, tofu, bok choy, green onion etc.)